Autumn at MIRAMONTI.
Autumn in Merano
Autumn around the MIRAMONTI is Carmen's favourite time of the year. It is the time of the grape harvest and the fruit crop. The pleasant temperatures around 20 degrees and the colourful nature are particularly enjoyable and beautiful.
The Alpine pasture in the hiking area of Avelengo and Merano 2000 are all open until beginning of November. Even the cable cars in the whole area of Merano are operating.
Our tips for Autumn: Hike to Salten, easy walk on the Tappeinerweg above the city of Merano, trip to the Lakes of Monticolo with hiking possibility around the lakes. Walking along the Waalweg from Lana to Marling. Törggelen in a historical cellar - we recommend the best Törggele Restaurant. The most important events in Autumn are listed here.
Our 10 most beautiful suggestions:
- Direct from the MIRAMONTI, walk across the rocky way to reach the Sulfner Pond. This is a walk to enjoy nature among the coloured mixed forest.
- A panorama walk across the larch meadows on the high plateau of Salto.
- Enjoy a fresh grape juice during a walk on the Tappeiner Promenade above the city of Merano.
- A trip to the lake of Monticolo and a trip around the lake.
- A small walk along the Waalweg trail from Marlengo to Lana and then reach mountain San Vigilio with the cable car.
- Original South Tyrolean Torggelen in one of the most beautiful Torggele tavern of the surroundings.
- Shopping and strolling in the city of Merano having lunch in a Trattoria
- Chestnut roasting on the MIRAMONTI terrace
- Coach trip on the high plateau of Avelengo or have a trip with the Haflinger horses of the Reiterhof Sulfner to go seeing the meadows of St Kathrein’s church
- Visit a vineyard and taste the most excellent wines of South Tyrol